Ricoh MP 201SPF
*Some images shown with all options fitted.
The 201SPF offers full scanning, faxing, copying and printing within the same package. 20ppm speed and potentially high 1,350-sheet paper handling add grunt power, and a string of software applications and productivity tools enhance this machine's user experience. It's very secure too.
» Call for Accessories & Toner prices for the Ricoh MP 201SPF
The 201SPF is a fully fledged MFD, offering 10opm colour scanning (22opm in mono), versatile but cost-saving G3 faxing, and copying. The 20ppm mono print engine is meaty, and the paper handling stretches to a potential 1,350 sheets, with 640MB of memory and an 80GB hard drive providing enough storage for coping with plenty of large files. The excellent networking capabilities are well protected by the strong security measures, and a good batch of software programs add invaluable features.
While the base MP 201 model is only a copier, the MP 201SPF goes the whole hog, also specifying printing, scanning and Super G3 fax. The scanner is a quality acquisition, allowing for 10 colour originals every minute (22opm with mono), and armed with a highly effective 600dpi resolution that reproduces detail well. Scanned files can be conveniently sent straight to email, network folders or USB drives or SD cards. The fax machine supports IP Fax and LAN-Fax, making faxes a cheap and very effective means of communication for office workers. The excellent print engine can achieve very ample speeds of 20 pages per minute, and text and lines are bold and sharply defined. Automatic double-sided printing adds convenience as well as saving on paper costs.
Powerful Paper Handling and Memory
The MP201SPF boasts strong paper handling. Out of the box it can hold up to 350 sheets, combining the 250-sheet main tray and 100-sheet multi-bypass tray. This should be enough for many users, but it can be upgraded to 1,350 sheets, thanks to the pair of optional 500-sheet trays. This model is equipped with a mighty 640MB, giving it plenty of thinking time with which to consider large files. In addition, though, it comes with an 80GB hard drive for additional storage. This unit can use advanced encryption and data overwrite to keep your confidential files as safe as possible.
The Ricoh MP has excellent network credentials. Its Ethernet interface is highly compatible, and it can be upgraded to Gigabit Ethernet or, for extra flexibility, 802.11a/b/g Wi-Fi. The Page Description Language support is excellent, with PCL5e/6 and Adobe PS3 all supported as standard. You don't need to be suspicious of the Ethernet, though, and Network User Authentication and IP address filtering will ensure that the person accessing a device is authorised to do so.
You get plenty of useful programs with the Ricoh. The invaluable @Remote utility allows you to remotely monitor and manage your fleet of MFDs, and Web Image Monitor lets you check print jobs and consumable supply levels. DeskTopBinder Lite makes for smoother editing and printing of files. The device is also compatible with titles like GlobalScan NX, which streamlines your workflows and makes them run more efficiently. Should any of these titles not perform the functions you need, the SPF device is fully programmable using Ricoh's Software Development Kit.
Cramming scanning, faxing, copying and printing into one compact box, the 201SPF has some very meaty specifications, and adds to its allure with some well-designed tools and features.
- Copying process - Laser beam scanning & electro-photographic printing
- Copy speed - 20 copies per minute
- Resolution - 600 dpi
- Multiple copy - Up to 99
- Warm-up time - Less than 30/30 seconds First output speed - Less than 7.5 seconds
- Zoom - 50 - 200% (in 1% steps)
- Memory -Standard - 640MB Maximum - 640 MB + 80GB Hard Disk Drive
- Paper input capacity -Standard - 1 x 250-sheet paper tray 100-sheet multi bypass tray Maximum - 1,350 sheets
- Paper output capacity - 250 sheets
- Paper size -Standard paper tray - A5 - A4 Optional paper tray(s) - A4 Bypass tray - A6 - A4 Duplex tray - A5 - A4
- Duplexing - Standard
- Dimensions (W x D x H) - 485 x 450 x 481 mm
- Printer language -Standard - PCL5e, PCL6 PostScript 3
- Interface -Standard - Ethernet 10 base-T/100 base-TX USB 2.0 Print 1 x USB 2.0 Host Option - IEEE 1284 Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11a/b/g, WPA support) Gigabit Ethernet
- Memory - 640 MB + optional 80GB Hard Disk Drive
- Network protocol - TCP/IP (IPv4, IPv6), IPX/SPX, AppleTalk, SMB
Price & Options
Similar Photocopiers (9)